Sunday, January 20, 2008

Abortion in South Africa


On January 18th the South Africa parliament passed a new bill on Abortion. See http://allafrica.com/stories/200801180289.html

We are really quite shocked and suprised by this further legalization in SA. After being in the US for four years we finally understand what God thinks of this kind of injustice in any nation - as much as He detests this in America - so it is the same for South Africa.

We urge the Church in South Africa and particularly every bible believing Christian, to vote with their conscience in the coming election - for a party that upholds the cause of Justice in South Africa.

Amazingly the Catholic church is the most outspoken on issues of sexuality in South Africa. Let us Christians get behind a party that is clear on it's morality. No longer can the Christians in South Africa allow their country to be plundered by political parties that seek only to weild power over the ignorance of the masses.

Who will stand up and speak out for LIFE in South Africa?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Robert,
Because you have mentioned it, I am going to focus on surrendering my emotions to God's emotions. Thank you.

On an earlier blog, I wonder why you said, "Amazingly, the Catholic Church is the most outspoken on the issues of sexuality in South Africa." Why are you amazed? The Catholic Church has many flaws but it has the fullness of the deposit of faith that Jesus Christ left with the Apostles which includes sexuality. Check out theologyofthebody.com or tobinstitute.org.
I don't know if you meant that their outspoken messages on sexuality also include abortion, but the Catholic Church is working hard to fight abortion too, worldwide. Check out hli.org

The picture of you and your family is precious. I don't know if "you are done" having children but you are rare to already have 3 children at your young age. The Catholic Church, in its fullness of truth, permits only Natural Family Planning because contraception is a major contributor to the sin of abortion. Check out OPEN EMBRACE by Sam and Bethany Torode.
Thank you for loving God and your family. Thank you for your reflection about total surrender.
God bless you.
Debbie Bradel

Robert, Inga, Hannah, Isaac & Lily said...

Hi there Debbie, Thank you for being bold enough to leave a comment! I don't get many :-)

I think on the subject of the catholic church I have become more aware that the church is outspoken in it's stance against abortion - and pleased! I think I wrote "suprisingly" just because in the minds of many charismatic evangelicals the catholic church is viewed as being out of touch. Obviously this is very inaccurate.

Anonymous said...

HI Robert,
I am very aware of how Charismatic Evangelicals missunderstand the Catholic Church. It has been happening since the mid 1500s. When I was born again in 1977, I spent a lot of time fellowshipping with Charismatic Evangelicals. But the more I got into the Word, I discovered how true the Catholic Church is. If Jesus leads your heart to investigate any of the websites or the book I recommended to you, I would be overjoyed to listen to your thoughts about them, even if you totally disagree.
Respectfully and prayerfully,
Debbie Bradel