Friday, November 10, 2006

A new post!

Hi somebody out there...... I can't help but feel this post is a blog-breaking record - at NOT posting something for over a month.

Well truth is the last little while has been hectic. The Christian world (hopefully that's not a cliche) was rocked this last week with the news of Tedd Haggard....here's my take on it.

If you don't come clean of stuff in the right way - you haven't got a hope of recovering. Don't ever try the route of self-preservation - you'll come horribly unstuck. I know a lot of Christian men out there and here that have had sexual problems - and come out of it successfully. Recently I have been going hard at a diet of spiritual deliverance using 'listening prayer'.

God has broken through - time and time again! I get tempted to click in all the wrong places - but I've found God has loosed some things off of me recently - I have so much less of a drawing to the darkness - and much more self-control. Many men are victims of demonic (yes those small scrawny little gremlins who haven't got a chance against the Holy Spirit!).

Most Christians even struggle admitting they could have demons - let alone being umble enough to go to the parts of their soul that hold pain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robert, that's awesome you're working through all that with listening prayer. I did a season of theophostic prayer which is similar and God broke a lot of stuff off of me too. So much of my brokeness was due to the past and God really healed me by speaking truth where I believed lies. What a Great Father :)

Anonymous said...

Dagse Rob,

I am in the dark with regard to Ted, but from the tone of your blog it seems 'not too nice!'
I don't particularly want to know the in's and out's of what happened to him...although forewarned is better than hindsight!
What caught my interest was your comment about 'listening prayer' and also reading Tom's comment - he mentions 'theophostic prayer which is similar!'
What are you guys talking about? From both your comments I deduce that these forms of prayer are very useful in dissolving
'historic/habitual' issues.
How about enlightening me a.s.a.p.
Be being blessed. Frank